A sound and healthy sleep routine is important for our bodies to function optimally and stay happy, positive and productive through the day. At MySkinCare.in, we are committed to providing the best possible remedies for treating your sleep cycle, which in turn keeps a check on your mood. Along with clinical treatments, we even offer Ayurvedic solutions that will help regulate your mood and circadian rhythm.
FACTS ON MOOD & SLEEP
- Our mood and sleep patterns significantly impact our skin. The proverb of “beauty sleep” only etches the importance of sleep and mood on overall health and in turn the skin. There are some simple
solutions and some modern pharmaceutical approaches.
- At MySkinCare.in, we compound 100% natural options for calming the nerves and soothing our sleep. Some substances which are identical to the natural hormones produced in our bodies, like melatonin also
help. Replenishing levels of melatonin may help reduce anxiety and improve the overall quality of life.
- Brahmi, Ashwagandha, Shankhpushpi, Vacha and Tagarh- All these herbs can work wonders and also help mimic a more natural sleep pattern.
- Brahmi suits best for those who have associated acid reflux and upper abdominal symptoms associated with problems of mood and sleep.
- Ashwagandha works generally well for men, but can be used for women also in smaller doses alongside a complimentary dose of Brahmi.
- Shankhpushpi, an extract of convolvulus flower, is a age old herb to enhance cognitive function of the mind. It also enhances memory and neural functioning.
- Vacha or Acorus calamus, is known not only to help in calming the mind and balancing the mood swings, but also has metabolic benefits by improving obesity.
- Tagarh can be a bit “drying” for the body, and used in combination with other herbs and under supervision.
- Calmer demeanour
- Better work and personal interactions
- Happier and healthier relationships
- Ability to fight jet lag
- Better immunity.
Possible Side Effects, mostly associated with either pharmacologic ingredients or excess use/dose.
- Impact on driving ability
- Heaviness of eyes and head and neck area
- Indigestion or constipation, may be due to improper choice of agent or aberrant patient response.
For a more comprehensive management of sleeping related problems, we can also offer sessions of yogic ways of deep relaxation for a completely non-pharmacologic approach.