Codistar Syrup is a combination of two drugs: Chlorpheniramine (H1 Antihistamine) and Codeine (Opioid antitussive). It is used to treat cough. Additionally, CODISTAR SYRUP is used to treat symptoms related to upper respiratory tract allergies and common cold.
Special Instructions for Codistar Syrup
• Take CODISTAR SYRUP in the evening or night irrespective of meals for best results.
• Shake the bottle well before Codistar Syrup consumption.
• CODISTAR SYRUP may cause drowsiness or dizziness. Drive or perform actions that require your attention only if you are mentally alert or physically stable.
• Take Codistar Syrup with caution if you have or had any previous history of bowel obstruction or asthma.
• Do not take Codistar Syrup if you have head injury, increased intracranial pressure of other brain related problems as it may lead to fatal conditions due to difficulty in breathing.
• Consumption of alcohol along with Codistar Syrup is not recommended.
• Speak with your doctor instantly if you are experiencing unusual swelling, rashes or fluctuations in heartbeats. It may indicate allergic reaction to CODISTAR SYRUP.
• If your symptoms like wheezing, bronchitis, allergic rhinitis persist or increase despite taking the medicine for more than 3-4 days, then check with your doctor immediately. There are very high chances that allergic symptoms have gone uncontrolled.
• Inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking currently and have taken in the past, including, over-the-counter medicines and herbal products.
• Take CODISTAR SYRUP only in prescribed doses. In higher doses, CODISTAR SYRUP causes difficulty in breathing. This is particularly problematic in patients with asthma and other lung conditions.
• Avoid taking CODISTAR SYRUP with sleeping tablets or medicines that cause drowsiness because CODISTAR SYRUP can cause sleepiness. Taking these together may result in excessive drowsiness and may lead to severe harmful effects.